Student Loan Information
iHELP loans fill the gap between the cost of education and what you receive through grants, scholarships and federal loans. Rates are competitive and you may even obtain a lower rate with a qualified cosigner. It may be one of the easiest, most cost-effective way to cover your education!
- No loan origination, application, or prepayment fees.
- Apply within a few minutes.
- Loans are available for the total of education expenses as certified by the school, less other aid awarded.
- No repayments required while student is attending an eligible institution at least half time. Most public or private not-for-profit colleges and universities are eligible.
- Repayment begin 6 months after graduation, or reducing hours to less than a half-time student status. Payment options are available.
- Minimum loan amount is $1,000.
Currently, the iHelp Student Loan Program is only available at select schools in a handful of states. The system will advise which states and universities are currently available.As of March 2019, the states available (where the select schools are located) include PA, MD, VA, WV, MN, SD, ND, IA and WI.The iHelp program will continue to expand the eligible states and universities as time goes on.
Aggregated maximum loans are:
- $100,000 for undergraduates
- $150,000 for graduate students
Information and application
Important Change! FAFSA Applications can now be done as early as October 1, 2018 for the 2019-2020 school year.
iHELP also offers a Private Consolidation Loans. This program is designed to help students consolidate their current federal (Parent Plus) and private student loans into one private consolidation loan.