Checking and Savings Options for our Teenage Customers
As our younger GSB customers become teenagers, managing and saving money becomes more important. First paychecks, buying lunch in school cafeterias, and learning to spend and save responsibly are all a part of learning to manage finances at an early age.
We offer this account to our customers ages 14-17. A free debit card is also included.
- The account must be in the names of both the teenager and a parent or guardian who also maintains accounts at Glenview State Bank
- Teen must be able to produce a social security card plus a valid picture ID
- Account must be opened with a minimum opening deposit of $100
- There are no minimum balance requirements or transaction limitations
In addition, our teenage customers are eligible for the same perks and qualifying benefits as our adult customers with our GSBenefits℠ Program.
We have savings accounts for every age.
Junior Life Savings
- Perfect for kids up to their 13th birthday
- $1 minimum balance requirement
- This is a custodial account - a parent or guardian has lone access to this account, with interest being credited to the social security number of the minor child
- Must be able to produce a social security card for the child
- Automatic entry into GSB Kids Club
Teen Life Savings
- Perfect for kids ages 13-17
- $50 minimum balance requirement
- This can be a custodial account where a parent or guardian has lone access to this account, with interest being credited to the social security number of the minor child
- This may also be a joint access account in the names of both the teenager and a parent or custodian
- Must be able to produce a social security card