Personal Retirement Services
Itís never too early to start planning for retirement, and GSBís Trust Department can help you get started.
We have sensible, effective investment strategies aimed at growing your assets leading up to retirement and more income-oriented strategies when you get there. Our experienced staff can offer sound, unbiased advice on a number of retirement related topics as well. Here are just a few of the frequently asked questions (FAQs) we hear. Click on the question to see the answer.
- How much money do I need to retire?
- Conventional wisdom says youíll spend 70-80% of your pre-retirement income each year. That may hold true for some but many people actually spend more money in retirement on travel and health-care, especially in the early years of retirement, despite work-related expenses disappearing.
- I got nervous and sold my stocks. What should I do now?
- Donít panic. Many people did the same because they either misunderstood the risks involved or lacked the discipline to stick to a sound plan. Thatís not uncommon. GSB portfolio managers go to great lengths to understand each individualís financial needs and risk tolerance. Then we help you stay the course which is a key to long-term success.
- I just retired. Should I leave my 401(k) with my former employer or roll it over into an IRA?
- We have to analyze each situation separately but generally we advise to roll your 401(k) balance into an IRA. This can often be more cost-effective and flexible, providing a greater range of investment choices.
- Iím getting close to retirement. Should I sell off my stocks and invest conservatively from now on?
- No. Retirement is a major life change yet you want to take reasonable steps to make your portfolio last. Determining the proper mix of conservative bonds to help meet your retirement cash needs along with stocks for longer-term growth potential is something GSB portfolio managers can help you with.
For more information contact:
- Scott Limper
- Exec. Vice President
- 800 Waukegan Road
- Glenview, IL 60025
*Sensitive customer information and/or account information should never be included via e-mail.