What To Do If You Are a Victim

Identity theft can occur when someone uses your name, Social Security, credit card or bank account numbers without your authorization. Losing or misplacing items goes beyond being an inconvenience when your Identity is at stake. Here are steps to take when you've lost an ATM / Debit card, a checkbook, your wallet, etc.

Glenview State Bank personal checking account customers, and members of their households, are automatically covered by Identity Theft 911™. If you believe your identity has been used fraudulently, call (847) 729-1900 to activate this free identity theft resolution service.

If you do not have a GSB personal checking account, use the universal ID Theft Affidavit at www.ftc.gov/idtheft to have a fraud report placed on your account(s). You may also call the Federal Trade Commission’s toll-free ID Theft Hotline at 1-877-IDTHEFT for more information.

Information about inquiries or reporting lost financial bank documents is available in this PDF document* entitled What to do if you are a Victim - GSB Recommendations. If you need to open a new GSB checking account as a result of suspected fraud, we will assist you in the transfer and provide a free box of GSB logo checks for your new account.

*This PDF document will open in a new window. If you do not have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it here.

leaving gsb